Why is this year’s AGM being held as a virtual event?
- GraceKennedy (GK) continues to closely monitor developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic locally and globally, and the impact of the associated restrictions on our business operations.To protect the health and safety of our team members, shareholders and other stakeholders, this year an application was made to the Supreme Court of Jamaica to obtain a court order to hold our Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) by electronic means.On May 6, 2021, the Supreme Court granted GK permission to host our AGM in virtual, electronic or hybrid format.
When and where is the AGM being held?
- This year, GK’s AGM will be hosted virtually on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. via a live online stream from the GraceKennedy Headquarters, 42-56 Harbour Street, Kingston, Jamaica.
When and where can I register to attend the AGM?
- Anyone wishing to attend the 2021 GraceKennedy Virtual AGM is encouraged to register ahead of the meeting date. Registration for the AGM will open on Friday, May 21, 2021 and will be done via the GraceKennedy website (gracekennedy.com). More details on how to register can be found here.
Will I need an internet connection to attend the AGM?
- You will need a stable internet connection or a mobile (3G or 4G) signal to participate in the AGM.If you are a GraceKennedy shareholder and you do not have internet access, you can assign someone with access to a stable internet connection as your proxy to attend the AGM and vote on your behalf. To do this, a proxy form must be completed and submitted to GraceKennedy’s Corporate Secretary in hard copy to 73 Harbour Street, Kingston, Jamaica or electronically via the GraceKennedy website at least 48 hours before the meeting time.
What type of device should I use to virtually attend and vote at the AGM?
- You can attend and vote at the AGM with any device that has a stable internet connection allowing you to log in to the virtual meeting.Please note, only the following internet browsers can be used to access our online AGM platform: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Chromium and Microsoft Edge. The platform will not work with Internet Explorer. Please ensure that you have the latest version of your internet browser installed.Wherever possible, please use a device that is not restricted by a firewall, as this may affect your ability to access the online platform.
Who can I contact if I am having issues voting or accessing the AGM?
- If you are having any issues registering for or accessing the AGM, please call 876 932 3160.
Will I be able to ask questions at the AGM?
- Questions can be submitted before or during the AGM via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions submitted will be answered during the Q&A segment of the AGM, once time permits. Any questions which have not been answered during the AGM will be posted with responses on the GraceKennedy website.
Where can I access the reports for the AGM?
- All documents related to the 2021 GraceKennedy AGM are available on the GraceKennedy website gracekennedy.com, on our 2021 AGM portal, or can be accessed by clicking here.
I am a GraceKennedy shareholder; how do I vote at the AGM?
- Only GraceKennedy shareholders or their proxies will be allowed to vote at the AGM. Shareholders or their proxies can vote virtually using the AGM platform during the online meeting when signalled to do so by the Chair.
I am not able to attend the AGM; can someone else represent me?
- You may nominate a proxy to attend the virtual AGM and vote on your behalf, by downloading and completing the proxy form found here. The proxy form must be deposited physically with the Corporate Secretary of the Company at 73 Harbour Street, Kingston, Jamaica or may be sent electronically by using the proxy submission form on the GK website no less than 48 hours before the AGM.
Can I share my AGM registration with others?
- Registration credentials will allow only one device to be signed into the online AGM platform at any one time. Only shareholders or their duly appointed proxy who are logged into the meeting using their registration credentials will be allowed to vote at the AGM.
Will I be able to watch the AGM after it has been held?
- A recording of the AGM proceedings will be available for viewing on GraceKennedy’s YouTube channel within 24 hours of the end of the meeting.
Do I have to be a GraceKennedy shareholder to attend the AGM?
- You do not need to be a shareholder to attend the AGM. You may register as a non-shareholder to view the AGM; however only registered shareholders will be allowed to vote on resolutions. Non-shareholders can also submit their questions before or during the meeting via email to email@example.com.
Is there a deadline for registration to attend the AGM?
- You may register at any time once online registration for the AGM has opened. However, we encourage those wishing to participate to register early and login ahead of the meeting start time.
What information will I need to provide to register for the AGM?
- To register for the AGM you will need to provide your name, your email address, contact number and your member number. Your member number is your JCSD, TTCD, OR GK Member (Account/Share) Number. Finding Your Member Number – For Registration
Where can I find my member number?
- Your member number can be found on your share certificate, JCSD or TTCD statements, or a recent dividend confirmation/tax voucher. If you do not have any of these documents readily available, please contact your stockbroker or call our helpline at 876-932-3160 or 876-932-3301 for further assistance.