The GraceKennedy Jamaican Birthright Programme is an internship programme offered to qualified applicants of Jamaican lineage and includes educational, professional as well as cultural exposure for applicants in the working environment. Specifically, successful candidates will be accommodated in assigned GraceKennedy business offices and will have the opportunity of working among the management and staff of GraceKennedy on a day-to-day basis during the period of internship.
Click here to register for the Information Session on October 12, 2023- https://bit.ly/ExploreJamaicaWithGK
- Applications Open – Click Here to Apply
- Read Briefing Document – Click HERE
- Terms and Conditions – Click HERE
GraceKennedy Jamaican Birthright Programme
- Cultural and professional internship geared at highlighting all aspects of Jamaican life while furthering the career goals of the selected candidates
- Give successful candidates a well-rounded Jamaican experience
- Selected candidates will work at a GraceKennedy subsidiary linked to their field of study
The Social Component
- GraceKennedy will provide airfare, housing, transportation and stipend.
The Cultural Component
- Selected candidates will be taken on a variety of weekend programmes, which will expose them to the Jamaican heritage by immersing them in our historic sites, cultural packages, natural and human resources, and of course, our beaches!!
- Candidates must complete an application form
- Include a head shot photograph, an official transcript and a one-page typed essay.
- Candidates must be pursuing either an undergraduate or graduate degree programme
- Candidates must have a Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher (i.e. a ‘B’ average or higher or 2.1 equivalent for UK)
- Candidates must provide proof of Jamaican parentage/grand parentage
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years old
- Internship, with attractive incentives within GraceKennedy Limited
- Job assignments specific to the academic interests and career goals to the candidates
- Cultural, social and educational immersion through weekend programmes geared at highlighting Jamaican’s heritage
- Opportunity to interact with candidates from other cultures and backgrounds
- Mentorship by GraceKennedy Management team for the duration of the programme
Overview of GraceKennedy
- One of the Caribbean’s largest and most dynamic corporate entities.
- Started in Jamaica in 1922 as a small trading establishment and has expanded and diversified over the years.
- GraceKennedy group comprises a varied network of some 60 subsidiaries and associated companies located across the Caribbean, North and Central America, Africa and the UK.
- Its operations span the areas of food processing and distribution, banking and finance, insurance and remittance services, together with an investment in building materials retailing.
How to apply